Sunday, April 22, 2012

Adventurous Agee's: South Texas

Friday night we headed down to South Texas to do some turkey hunting. We went with some of our friends here and had a great time. I'm not a hunter. I really don't like guns. We never had them in our house growing up so I'm a little uncomfortable around them. Jackson is a hunter with lots of guns. Jackson has asked me to go hunting with him before but 5 am and cold, no thanks. Hunting in Texas and Alabama are so different. So I decided I would go out Sat night with Jackson to see if we could get a turkey. But before that I had to learn how to shoot a gun. Chris and Cole had some wonderful Do-All-Outdoor targets so we set them up. The guys took turns lighting them up. Then it was my turn. Jackson got me a .22 gave me some pointers since I have never shoot a real gun and boom hit the target first shoot!!





I hit the big target


In between the morning hunt and afternoon hunt Saturday we shot some skeet. Paige was awesome with her .20 gauge. The guys did good too.

About to shoot skeet

While everyone was shooting I was playing with the sweet puppies. I love them!! I can't wait to get one....wink wink Jackson.

Trick and Tripp

After a much needed nap we were off to find some turkeys. We walk down to where we had seen some tracks and set up.

Turkey track




Jackson using my grandpa's turkey call

After sitting there for a while we decided to move to another spot. At the new spot we didn't see any turkeys but we did have one gobbling with us which was cool. When we got back to the camp dinner was underway. We had the famous Stokely chops. I will only make Stokely chops from now on! They were so good! Sorry no picture. We finished dinner up with some Reese's S'mores and a good game of Rook. Next morning I let Jackson so out by himself. He did not get a turkey but had some around him this morning. We are blessed to have great friends here in Texas. We had the best time with them and can't wait to hang out again.

:)

Now for some random fun pictures from the weekend.



Love her

Ha Ha

Me with the big gun

No comments:

Post a Comment