Monday, June 11, 2012

God's Timing is Never Off


Last weekend was the last stop on the Texas Team Trail before the Championship. It was on Lake Lewisville. If you don’t know the BoatUS Collegiate Championship has been on Lake Lewisville for the past 6 year…..the 7th was at Pickwick Lake about two weeks ago. I met most of my new co-workers at Lake Lewisville last year. Someone said to me ‘Hey Beth this is where is all started’ as we stood at Sneaky Pete’s. This is only kind of true. It all started about 8 years ago well about 27 years ago before I was born but we will skip to 8 years ago. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11. It’s fun to look back on life and see how God does bring it all together for good! 8 years or so ago my sweet mom was watching WAFF 48 news when she saw a scholarship for Native Americans and wrote down the number to see if I could get it. I filled out the papers and got it! I was going to school at Wallace State at the time and had one more year there before I transferred to a 4 year school. I was blessed with some great friends at Wallace. I had one friend that was about to go to UNA in Florence, AL. I had never heard of UNA. I finished up my last year at Wallace and decided Lindsay was at UNA I will go there with her.  Lindsay was really involved in FCA even though she was not an athlete. I met Jackson at FCA because I went with Lindsay.
Me and Lindsay.....so young
 I also got the Trail of Tears scholarship again! I then got to meet Alison Standfield who worked at the Florence/Lauderdale Tourism office and was helping with the scholarship. I then began going to Florence Baptist Church with her. 
Sweet Alison
  I started college wanting to be a PE teacher then I thought what was I thinking! I changed to Recreation and Marketing. I had to do a 200 hour internship before I could graduate and got lucky that the Florence Tourism Office fit perfect. Then I was the perfect fit and got a job right out of school. 

We got engaged a couple months later and since I had a good job got married about 6 months later. 

Lindsey Holt worked with me at the tourism office and did the Sports Marketing which means a lot of fishing tournaments. She got a lot of great tournament to Florence. Lindsey was blessed to get pregnant with baby Cooper and left the office to be a stay at home mommy. I took her job doing the sports. One of my first tournaments was with CarecoTV doing the Big Bass Bash. 

My sweet friend Jessica was getting married that weekend so I did not get to spend that much time with everyone. After the tournament and everyone seeing how awesome Florence and Pickwick Lake they wanted to move their Championship from Lake Lewisville to Pickwick Lake. I got to fly out to Dallas, TX to announce that Florence would be getting the Championship. I enjoyed working with the CarecoTV crew and learned about a job in San Antonio with them. After a couple of months we were off to San Antonio to interview and see if we liked The Tonio. Then a couple more months later I was off to The Tonio and a new adventure. Of course the decision was not easy. We just bought a new house, we have great jobs, and our friends and families are here. But it felt so right working with them in Dallas. Jackson got transferred in Jan and we sold the house in Feb. We also made a profit so that was a blessing. It was all God’s perfect timing. We are really enjoying San Antonio and the new life we have here. We miss everyone in Alabama but now yall have a place to stay and we will show you The Tonio!

No comments:

Post a Comment